Instructions for submitting apps are included in the application forms.
- Director Apps
- Astro Apps
welcome you to the official website of the Ottawa-Carleton
Educational Space Simulation (OCESS for short).
Informally called Spacesim, OCESS is a non-profit organization
that promotes a greater understanding of space exploration and
research in students of all ages.
By conducting a 96-hour simulated mission to a chosen planet,
moon, or asteroid, Spacesim strives to foster initiative and
responsibility in its members, while instilling love and respect
of space and science.
Feel free to explore our site. There is always something new and
interesting happening at Spacesim.org. Click on any of the links
below to start exploring:
Us: Contains information about Spacesim's Mission Statement,
History, Contact Information and more.
Features descriptions of space-related programs offered to
school-children of all ages.
Contains information about past missions, downloadable files and
images, and previous meeting minutes.
Features details about Spacesim's simulated mission to Mars in
the 2007-2008 school year, as well as information about past
you would like to visit our facilities on Albert St., please
In the Downloads section you can find maps to help
you get there.
Parents please read:
- the Letter to Parents and
- the more about space sim document.
Map of 440 Albert Street, ground floor
Our room is W027
Street map for 440 Albert St
OCESS Mission Permission Form
OCESS Procedures Manual (not updated)
OCESS Procedures Manual MSWord version
Orbit software (not updated)
Subsim software for Europa ocean exploration
Notes for TRANSORB transfer orbit planning software.
Integrating software and hardware primer
Europa return planning document
Mission Iapetus planning document
Flight training(updated Dec. 13, 2013)
Parallax Software and Data (updated Nov. 2, 2012; updates to database and additional features in software, download and overwrite all files)
- note the following changes to file names
- the training flight software (MC's flight mirror software) is now called mirror.exe
- the piloting software is called flight.exe
- start the hab engineering software with engSThab.exe
- MC telemetry software is telem.exe; MC engineering starts from this application
- there are a number of changes to software that may alter the way some of the training procedures work
- each of the specific training sessions has a pdf file which provides an overview the goals and procedures as well as specific instructions
- the full-screen applications require WIN98 or XP to run
Oct. 17, 2014
We also conducted a mini-mission for training people.
We voted on Hyperion as the mission destination this year!
Apps are due on Oct 31, 2014
- Directer of training
- Director of resources